Saturday, January 26, 2019

Julie // Badass Beauties


Earlier this fall I had a little idea for a photography project and just ran with it. In short, I wanted to provide women I know with a photo of themselves that they loved. That meant something to them and made them feel happy, beautiful, strong. So, I asked each one of them to choose a location that meant something to them and then we'd meet up there for a photoshoot.


First off, Julie looks like a total badass in these photos. I love them so much! For the session we headed over to Nahant Marsh. Can you believe I'd never been there before? Seriously, this project has been great for so many reasons. I feel like I'm discovering all these new places in my hometown!




The park is definitely a beautiful spot for photos and a great place for reflection. When I asked Julie why she chose this spot for her session, she told me about what make Nahant special.
 I chose Nahant Marsh because it’s one of my favorite places to go bike riding on nice days. I love that it’s a decent distance away to bike to but still very doable and you feel like you’re away from the hustle and bustle of being in town. I love the Quad Cities because it has a bigger city feel to it, but that you can go to places like Nahant Marsh that are just outside and be surrounded by nature. I grew up on a farm, and my favorite thing was to go outside on a hill hidden away behind my house and relax, so I enjoy going to Nahant to do the same now.  





No comments:

Post a Comment